To be an Amazon Web Services (AWS) partner, there are requirements for people at your company to have various certifications. The higher the level of partnership, the more certifications you need. As a result, your company will always want to make sure they are aware of any AWS certifications you have.
I have AWS certifications that were earned under my personal AWS Training and Certification account. I would like my company to benefit from these certifications from an AWS partner network (APN) perspective. So how do I link personal certifications into my company APN profile?
I actually searched around and found several articles and posts suggesting that you had to open a case with the APN team to have the accounts merged or the information transferred or somehow linked on the backend. Its actually much easier than that. Here is what you do:
- Log into your company APN account using your work email and normal professional APN credentials here.
- Click “View My Profile” in the menu at left, as shown below.
- Scroll down and you’ll find a section labeled “AWS Certification” as shown below.
- Where it says “AWS T&C Email” enter your personal email account that has your AWS certifications under it.
- Make sure you toggle that you consent to share your certification data
- Save settings
Give it a bit of time, and your certifications will be visible both in your personal AWS training and certification account, as well as via your work email APN account. This will allow your certifications to show up on your company APN “Scorecard” which is how these things are tracked from an AWS partnership level perspective.
I know this seems like an unnecessary tutorial, but after a few minutes of searching I was unable to find the answer and actually ended up creating a case. Hopefully I just saved you that effort. Cheers!
Questions or Comments? Feel free to comment below!